Finding and booking a photographer
If the photographer accepts your request, we’ll send you an email notification, and you can then confirm the booking by submitting payment.
- If you cancel more than 24 hours in advance of the agreed photoshoot time, we will refund the full booking amount, excluding the service fees.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the agreed photoshoot time, we will refund 50% of your booking amount, excluding the service fees.
Taking assignments as a Truefie photographer
We’ll ask some questions about your languages, location, your hourly rate, and the types of photographs you want to take, and the rest is up to you! Write up a compelling description of yourself, upload your photo portfolio, and you’ll be included in our network of photographers right away!
- Your photo portfolio – It’s not just the quality of images that you upload, but also a matter of applicability. Your portfolio will work best when the images reflect real occasions that people might like to hire a photographer for. If you’re looking to receive requests for portraits, upload portraits you’ve taken that reflect that work. If you want to shoot home interiors, or corporate events, choose images that demonstrate your skill in those areas.
- Your hourly rate – Truefie creates a network of photographers in an area. You may like to compare the hourly rate you’re asking with other comparable photographers. It may take some practice to find the right hourly rate for the types of assignments you’re looking for.
- Your profile – You can upload a photo of yourself, and write a short biography to describe yourself and your approach to photography. It’s important to be yourself, but also to show that you’re friendly and easy to work with.
When setting your hourly rate, take into consideration:
- Truefie receives a 25% commission from your payout
- Any local VAT or taxes should be included in your rate
You can receive your payment by bank transfer or Paypal. This can be set up in your account settings – just choose your preferred method, enter in your IBAN or Paypal email address, and we’ll do the rest
* Click on the questions to get an answer