Privacy and cookie statement
On the Truefie website (www.truefie.com) we process sensitive data, i.e. personal data. We process and protect personal data carefully, adhering to the requirements of the Data Protection Act (DPA). That means that we:
- clearly state with what purpose we process personal data. We do this through this Privacy Statement;
- try to limit the collection of personal information to only the data that is needed for legitimate purposes;
- ask you first for explicit consent to process your personal data in cases that require your permission;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require that from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to view your personal information on your request for inspection, correction or deletion.
This privacy statement explains which personal data we collect and use for what purpose. We encourage you to read it carefully.
This privacy statement was last updated on November 20, 2014.
Purposes of processing
We process your personal data generally for the following purposes:
- providing the mediation service on the www.truefie.com website;
- create an account and make use of the service on the website;
- the analysis of statistics and optimization of the service.
Use of personal data
By using our service you provide us with specific information. That can be personal information. We store and use only the personal information which is supplied directly by you or which has been clearly stated that it is provided to us to process. Truefie will not use the personal data for any other purpose, unless you have given prior consent.
To use our service you need an account. When creating an account, we will ask you to provide some personal information to us. The data provided to us when creating an account will be stored as long as it is necessary to use the website and the service. When creating an account on the website, we ask you for the following information (depending on the optional data which are specified by you):
- first and last name
- e-mail address
- gender (optional)
- date of birth (optional)
- location (optional)
- (mobile) phone number (optional)
- profile photo (optional)
- hobbies and personal interest (optional)
- bank information (optional)
The above information is used to provide you with the opportunity to make active use in our website. The above data are used for the following purposes:
- The mediation between service users and photographers;
- Responding to the offer on our website;
- The implementation of the agreement between you and the photographer;
- Offering similar services.
In addition, photographers can use the service on our website to provide you with photos that may be considered (special) personal data. This form of handling data is used for the implementation of the agreement between you and the photographer. We can, if you have given your consent, contact you by e-mail for commercial purposes. With every communication of this sort, an unsubscribe option is available.
Disclosure to third parties
We can provide your information to other parties, if you have given permission. We provide this information to universities so they can use your information for research purposes. In addition, we may provide your information to third parties if that is necessary in the context of the implementation of the agreement you have with us or if required by law.
We take technical and organizational security measures to prevent abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data as much as possible.
Third party websites
This statement does not apply to third party websites connected by links to this website. We cannot guarantee that third parties handle your personal data in a reliable and secure way. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these sites before making use of these sites.
Changes to this privacy statements
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement. Changes will be published on this website and we will keep old versions available. It is advisable to consult this statement regularly so you are aware of these changes.
Inspect and modify your data
If you have an account on our website, you have the opportunity upon written request to see your personal information. If the information is incorrect, you can request us in writing (and also by email) to change the data or remove it.
If you have questions about your privacy and our privacy statement, you can ask them via the contact page on the website by sending an email to or by mail.
Truefie (tradename Almost Paparazzi B.V.)
- Teerketelsteeg 1
- 1012 TB Amsterdam
- Commercial register: 57672873
- VAT number: 852684964 B 01